We just got home from our first trip with the Airstream to our favorite place: Florida’s beautiful Forgotten Coast.
We spent a week camping at Coastline RV Resort in Eastpoint, FL. The weather was incredible – steady winds in the 10mph range most days with sun and blue skies. The last couple of days clouded up a bit, but that just made the sunsets even prettier.
Our favorite days looked something like this:
- Wake up
- Drive over the bridge to St George Island
- Long walk on the beach
- Donuts from Weber’s Little Donut Shop, then back to the camper for bacon and eggs
- Shower, chill, read, pool time, etc during the heat of the day
- Early dinner at one of our favorite spots like the Blue Parrot, Family Coastal Restaurant, Apalachicola Grill, or the Owl Cafe
- Beach sitting until the sun went down
We also very much enjoyed the dock at the campground which offered an incredible view of the stars on cloudless nights.
The St George Island State Park ($3/adult entry fee) is another favorite spot – we spent a day on the beach in the park with less than a dozen other beachgoers.
We’ve already planned another trip back in October to camp at the state park. We’ve not camped there before, so are looking forward to a new adventure in a favorite area.
Stay Dates: May 14 to May 21, 2017
Nightly Rate: $55
Miles Traveled: 800 (roundtrip)